The possibilities are many!
Kindly forwarded by Jim and Ellie Crowell of the Bluenose Shuffleboard Club, through Jim Corbeil:
To celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Bluenose– we have just learned that the Bluenose ll will be back in it’s home port of Lunenburg just in time for our IP tournament. It’s in port September 9,10,11 – only 15 mins from Bridgewater, an easy early evening visit or the best place to spend Saturday after the tournament.
Possible individual tours for our non- participants or our shufflers before or after the tournament:
– free transit bus (8am-6pm) thru town hop on hop off to museums, lifestyle centre,
– explore King Street shopping and riverside park and look off
– Frankenstein Brewery for a brew at picnic table and Jac’s restaurant across street will deliver a meal to you .
-Pre-Arrange a guided tour at Seaweed Tours
-Visit the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic
-take a buggy ride thru town
Mahone Bay & 3 Churches
-stroll the town shopping, galleries, artisan at work
Relax on Bay Deck at Mug and Anchor
-Drive down beautiful LaHave River from Bridgewater to LaHave
– drop in to LaHave Bakery for a coffee and homemade pizza
– drop into Ploughman’s Cafe for a chocolate croissant
– drive 5 mins and drive onto Crescent Beach , enjoy the surf while enjoying your lunch
-drive 5 mins to Rissers Beach and walk the boardwalk
– drive 5 mins to Maritime Painted Saltbox Gallery
-drive 5 mins for wine tasting at Petite Riviere Winery
Ventures are endless
Chester for a day – Kiwi Cafe’ and browse around
For Oak Land adventure thru SaltyDogtours.com
South Shore Nova Scotia has so much to offer.
Bluenose Shuffleboard Club
Host Club Jim and Ellie Crowell